Monday, August 2, 2021

Transfers.....Manhattan.....Training.......Blinding in......

This week was a crazy and eventful one for sure! I got a call from President Holmes on Tuesday morning asking me if I would be willing to take an assignment and then the next day I joked with Sister Jensen that we hadn't gotten any unexpected calls and soon after that we started personal study. Not even seconds later my phone starts ringing and it's the AP's... I'm training! So the next day, on Thursday we had to drive to Woodside for the train the trainer meeting which was so good and I learned some things that hopefully will help me be able to help this sweet new missionary. Then on Saturday we found out the transfer news. I figured I would just be staying here in Staten Island to train but I am blinding into an area in Manhattan! I'm super nervous, but excited because I will be meeting in the Manhattan Temple chapel for church and I will also be over President Holmes ward I think! So lots of exciting things! The area I am going to is Lincoln Square and is where my trainer, Sister Barnum is currently serving. She will be my STL so that's for sure comforting and I'm gonna need a lot of help from her haha. 

On Tuesday we also had the most powerful district council, the spirit was SO strong. We all shared what we had learned that transfer and had a discussion on prayer. It was cool to be able to hear everyone share their experiences with prayer, and feel the Spirit that strong. 

We also saw the coolest miracle on Wednesday! I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but a few weeks ago we went street contacting and ran into this guy who recognized us and started telling us about how he had been to the Sacred Grove and knew a ton about Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon. We tried to get his number but he wouldn't let us and we didn't leave him with a pass along card, so we were kind of kicking ourselves after we left the park for not doing more. But on Wednesday we were supposed to meet another friend at that park and he ended up wanting to meet us at the mall instead but we were already at the park so we decided to street contact before heading to the mall to meet our friend. Not even seconds after being at the park we heard someone yell hey from behind us and lone behold, IT WAS LUIS! We were able to talk with him again and get his facebook and he started sharing all of the pictures from his trip to the Sacred Grove and he said he would start reading The Book of Mormon again and we're gonna set up a lesson with him soon! 

We also got to go to a ward BBQ on Saturday which was so nice! Grilled hamburgers are for sure something I missed! 

I also have officially been a missionary here in New York City for 4 months which is super exciting!! 

That's about all for this week, we saw many other miracles and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary here in New York City! 

I just wanted to share another scripture I read this week... 

Mosiah 29:12 

"Now it is better that a man should be judged of God then of man, for the judgements of God are always just, but the judgements of man are not always just." 

This just reminded me that we really should not be judging others, God is the only one who can truly judge righteously and justly and we should leave it up to Him to judge justly. How can you judge others less in your life? 

Love you all and can't wait to tell you about my fun adventures in Manhattan and on the Subway! Please pray for me and my new missionary, we may need all the prayers we can get😂 Have a wonderful week! 

Sister Alison Reynolds (:

**Pictures!:

1.The district! 

This is sadly the only picture I have for this week, but I'm sure I'll have lots next week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Airport Welcome Home Pictures

  Google photo album link