Monday, May 10, 2021

1 Transfer Down💪

Hello Everyone! This week was a good one! Last pday we went to Dumbo and saw the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge so that was awesome and a good time! It was sister's pday so we got to hang with some of the other sisters! We also got some ice cream at this place called Ample Hills and it was pretty dang good! We also rode the subway and it was an adventure haha, it may have taken us a little longer than it should have to get home, but fun memories are always good right? Also happy late mother's day to all of the moms out there! Shoutout to my mom, she is for sure the best one out there! love you mom! And happy late cinco de mayo! Hope you all got some yummy mexican food! Sister Barnum and I ate some yummy tacos, and it was her bday! So it was a fun day for sure! 2 of our friends that are on date for this month are having their baptismal interviews this week so we are hoping all goes well with that and that they are both able to meet their dates, so if any of you would like to pray for the two of them, it would be greatly appreciated! One has some word of wisdom things she is working on so we hope that can all be figured out before her baptism in a few weeks! Sister Barnum and I also had a very fun time putting pass along cards on some cars in the mall parking lot near where we live! No one has called us yet haha, but hopefully they were able to bring some light into their lives! We also got some mediterranean food which was good! I tried baklava so that was exciting. I used to never be one to try new foods, but I guess the mission changes you because I always want to try new and random things now! 😂 Also I have now completed my first transfer in the field! It has been a lot of ups and downs already, but I absolutely love being a missionary and wouldn't change it for the world! Sister Barnum and I are both staying here in Staten Island this next transfer. We lost a companionship of spanish elders though so we went from 4 companionships in our distrisct to only 3! And the rest of us are staying the same except for one elder who got transferred so we'll be getting one new elder! This week I read another amazing byu devotional that you all should check out! It's titled, "Broke Hearts and Contrite Spirits", by: L. Todd Budge. Something I loved from this was when he said, "President Nelson taught: When you reach up for the Lord’s power in your life with the same intensity that a drowning person has when grasping and gasping for air, power from Jesus Christ will be yours. When the Savior knows you truly want to reach up to Him—when He can feel that the greatest desire of your heart is to draw His power into your life—you will be led by the Holy Ghost to know exactly what you should do. When you spiritually stretch beyond anything you have ever done before, then His power will flow into you." I invite all of you to spiritually stretch beyond anything you have ever done before so you are able to feel his power flow into you! This is something I have seen and felt here on my mission and it's the most amazing feeling ever! That's all for this week! Love you all! Sister Reynolds❤ **Pictures:
1. Fun with pass along cards! 2. Yummy tacos! 3. Fun package from my momma for Cinco De Mayo and Sister Barnums bday! 4. Manhattan Bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Airport Welcome Home Pictures

  Google photo album link