Monday, May 31, 2021
Craziest Week Ever!
Hello Everyone! Happy Memorial Day!
This week some crazy things happened! On monday we went to Historic Richmond Town and got some ice cream at Eggers Ice Cream and it was pretty good! And we went on a beautiful hike to try and find some ruins. We weren't able to find the ruins but it was still a fun time and very beautiful for sure!
On Tuesday I was able to give a training in disctrict council on teaching for understanding, so that was exciting! We also met this super sweet family with 6 kids that were referred by a guy from Utah, and we are excited to start meeting with them, but they are SO busy! We also have a few friends praying for their Baptismal date so hopefully that goes well! Tiffany is still working on overcoming things with the word of wisdom so if you would all keep her in your prayers that would be appreciated, but she's awesome and really so prepared.
On Wednesday we had exchanges! I stayed in Staten Island and led the area with Sister Jobe! We had a really crazy lesson with one of our friends who started channeling spirits and it was pretty crazy and kinda scary, but the spirit helped us know we needed to get out of there so we left and all was good. For sure a crazy and kind of scary experience though. Other than that exchanges went well and I learned so much from Sister Jobe!
On Friday we also had some crazy things happen. We had a really weird combined lesson with the Elders at the church with this lady who lives in a shelter and she started breast feeding in the middle of the lesson so that was an experience. Then later that night we had a lesson over zoom with one of our friends and a member and our power went out in the middle of the lesson so we continued the lesson with light from a flashlight and then Sister Barnums phone died later in the lesson. It was kind of a crazy lesson! The power was out for a little over an hour and we cooked popcorn on the gas stove with the power out. The power came on right before we went to bed though so that was nice.
One of our awesome members also bought us pizza this week and I tried fried eggplant on pizza, which was good! I had never tried eggplant before.
This week I read a BYU devotional called, "Receiving Revelation" by:Kevin J. Worthen. He mentioned this quote by President Nelson that I'm sure you are all familiar with, "
In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost.4"
I encourage all of you to read this wonderful devotional and think of how you in your life can better receive revlation! What things can you start doing or what things should you stop?
Thank you all for you support and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Sister Reynolds
**Pictures:
1. Egger's Ice cream!
2.Our hike/walk!
3. Power outage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
More Airport Welcome Home Pictures
Google photo album link





No comments:
Post a Comment