This week was a pretty okay week! On Memorial Day we went to Midland Beach and had a BBQ with some members from our ward! It also was district p-day so the elders came to the BBQ as well and we all walked the board walk! We also went to Ralph's again because Sister Leigh left on Thursday for Italy and wanted to go before she left.
We also had a lesson with one of our friends who said she isn't able to come to church because she has anxiety of riding the bus, but we really felt like there was something more. I felt inspired to have a word of wisdom lesson and we found out she has a ton of things she needs to overcome. She really has a testimony and has met with a lot of missionaries but really just wants to overcome everything before she's baptized. It was sad to hear that she struggles with pretty much every aspect of the word of wisdom, but we were able to find out where she is at. We also had another word of wisdom lesson with another friend. She told us that she understands that we shouldn't drink alcohol or do drugs but she doesn't understand why we can't drink coffee. We were able to go back to the basic doctrine and ask her if she has a testimony that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. She said yes and was able to accept it more, but it was so cool to see how much the simple and core doctrines testify of everything else! We also challenged her to keep the word of wisdom for a week and we're excited to see how it goes!
On Thursday Sister Leigh left us and headed to Italy! Which was super sad, but we're so excited to hear about all of her cool adventures in Italy!
On Saturday we went to Clove Lakes park and went on a nature walk with the Relief Society. It was beautiful! But also really hot haha, it's been so warm here, and pretty humid!
I also finished The Book of Mormon this week! I know it's true! I know Christ is my Savior and He really did suffer for each and every one of us. I know Joseph Smith was a true Prophet and really did restore Christ's church that he organized when he was on the earth. I know the Plan of Salvation is real and I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I can live with my family forever. I love what President Nelson has said, "I promise that as you prayerfully study The Book of Mormon everyday, you will make better decisions-everyday." I know this is true and I have experienced it for myself! I challenge all of you if you don't already to read even just a verse a day!
Love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Reynolds
**Pictures:
1. Midland beach!
2. The District!
3. Our awesome friends we had the bbq with!






No comments:
Post a Comment